Your Application must be submitted online no later than the January deadline.
• No paper submission, online only.
• Please register as a user to setup your username and password.
Please download the cover sheet for the grant in which you are applying.
• Click to download the Budget Form to include with your application.
• Use the standard Budget form and include a brief justification of the budget, and background information on personnel other than the PI in the proposed study.
• ANRF will fund salaries, supplies, equipment and justified travel to scientific meetings directly related to the proposed studies. Overhead, indirect costs and post-doctoral researchers “to be named” will not be funded.
The cover sheets and budget page are Word documents for you to download, complete in full and submit as part of your PDF of your entire application. One complete PDF of all components is required for a successful submission.
• Where applicable, include Institutional Review Board (IRB) approval for the use of human subjects or Institutional Animal Care and Use Committee (IACUC) approval for the use of animal subjects in the proposed study. Pending at time of submission is fine, but must be approved prior to funding.
• Margins should not be less than 1 inch. Font size not less than 11-point Arial. No less than standard single-spaced lines.
The scientific content (body) of the proposal may not exceed 9 pages and should contain:
• Specific Aims – Specific goals of the research project including relevance to arthritis and autoimmune diseases (one page recommended).
• Experimental Design – How will the hypothesis be tested? Include relevant methods and statistical analysis. Include all figures and tables.
• Timeline for Project.
(This not part of the 9-page scientific content limit)
• References – complete reference with title of article.
• Biographical sketch – Use five-page NIH Biosketch format.
• Career Development Plan – Applicant’s future plans in 350 words or less. Include a brief history of the applicant’s association with the research institution, background leading to development of this project, etc.
• Current and Pending Support.
• A letter of support from your institution and/or mentor indicating their knowledge of and support for your proposed project.
• For the Arthritis and Aging Research Grant, if you are using animals in your research, please review Principles of Animal Use for Gerontological Research.
Please do not submit your application until all of the requirements have been satisfied.
Applicants will be notified of the grant review results by April 30.
• Arthritis National Research Foundation Grants: June 1 through May 31
• Psoriatic Arthritis Research Grant (Co-funded by ANRF-NPF): July 1 through June 30
• Arthritis & Aging Grant (Co-funded by ANRF-AFAR): July 1 through June 30
• Your application must be submitted online no later than the January deadline.
• No paper submission required, online only.
• If you apply for a second year of support, you do not need to submit a separate mid-term progress report. Second-year funding is awarded on a competitive basis with all other applications. Receipt of a year-one award does not guarantee a second year of support.
• Use specific Cover Sheet/Abstract and Budget Form as used in your original application.
• Delineate progress made since receiving the ANRF grant, include your Hypothesis and Specific Aims for the second year.
• If there have been any changes since your original application, please explain.
• Include any publications or presentations resulting from the work done thus far.
• Limit length of scientific content to 9 pages, as in original application.
• Outline any pending support.
If you have any questions or comments, please use the contact us form or call 1-800-588-2873